Not all French players are happy with their country’s iGaming laws. Unlike top-class European casino online with loose rules, ARJEL sites can be a real pain for consumers. This body is the official iGaming regulator of France, and any legal French operator must hold its approval. There are, however, safe non ARJEL bookmakers and casino sites that welcome French consumers. You shouldn’t overlook them because they can make your internet gambling adventure much more memorable!
You’re wondering what happens at iGaming destinations without an ARJEL license? First, they can be gambling operators in France, or located overseas. Second, they provide customers with a little bit extra freedom while gambling. For example, unlike some French casinos, they don’t limit users to deposit only small amounts at a time.
Finally, their gamblers don’t have to deal with the heavy local taxes. It’s important to know that even though they’re non ARJEL, they’re still legally licensed. They can hold licenses in Gibraltar, Sweden, Malta, etc.
Do you want to learn more about what gambling at non ARJEL platforms entails? Keep reading to discover:
- a full list of non ARJEL casinos and poker sites we consider to be the best in the game;
- the top non ARJEL bookies;
- the advantages of gambling at non ARJEL sites;
- the drawbacks that come when playing at not licensed platforms;
- a run-through of alternatives to the French casinos;
- answers to the most frequent questions asked.
All Non ARJEL Casinos
All Wins Casino – €1,500 + 25 FS
Are you looking for an offshore casino to play at? Sign up with All Wins Casino and get your luck turned around in an instant! The site is available in various languages, including French. All Wins partners with various reputable software providers, like NetEnt and Play’n GO.
Lord of the Spins – €1,000 + 50 FS
Lord of the Spins qualifies to be the best non ARJEL poker site. It offers excellent promotions, exquisite games, and a variety of payment methods. To brands like NetEnt, Microgaming, and BetSoft supply this casino. Hence, this is a perfect iGaming destination for both native and international punters.
Crazyno – €500 + 50 FS
While it’s not one of Gibraltar gambling sites, Crazyno is still worth checking out. Crazyno advertises itself as an iGaming planet with great promotions and exceptional games. It provides punters with prompt live chat support and gladly welcomes French players.
Ridika – €2,000 + 66 FS
Although it’s not one of those new online casinos without ARJEL licence, don’t underestimate Ridika. Aside from its rockstar design, Ridika is also packed with hundreds of games from many well-known providers. You can explore the website in various languages, including French.
All Non ARJEL Bookmakers
PlayHub – 100% Up To $100
Are you looking for the best non ARJEL bookmaker for sports bets and horse racing? PlayHub is an up-and-coming contender for this title. Here you can bet on 37 different sports. These include American football, tennis, basketball, volleyball, etc. Spicy bonuses and tons of free bets are guaranteed too.
BetOnline – $25 No Deposit
BetOnline has been around since 2004. Since then, it’s built a reputation as a gambling platform where you can get it all. It’s one of the best independent betting sites available to French punters. Some of the featured sports include golf, football, tennis, etc.
BetSwagger – 100% Up To $100
Founded in 2016, BetSwagger has become one of the spunkiest US gambling sites. When at the sportsbook section, users can have their pick at any of the 47 sports available. The list includes volleyball, soccer, ice hockey, etc. There’s a good variety of banking methods available, including Bitcoin.
SportBetting.ag – 50% Sign Up Bonus
Are you looking for a place to bet without ARJEL licence? This gambling platform is one of the top choices. It advertises itself by saying they have more betting options in more sports than anywhere in the world. For first-time basketball bettors, it provides a generous welcome bonus.
Pros of Joining Non ARJEL Sites
ARJEL began supervising online gambling back in 2010. Since then, regulations have gotten significantly stricter. In turn, heavy taxes that go up to 8.5% have been set in motion. These taxes and a couple of other reasons have caused French gamblers to turn to non ARJEL gambling games platforms.
- More options. Do you like real money online gambling in France? Then you’re sure to get a kick out of checking out some of the foreign casinos listed above. That way, you get a more extensive selection of games and promotions to enjoy. Hence, you won’t ever get bored.
- No control and regulations. Playing at a non ARJEL platform gives users huge freedom. At said casinos, the rules aren’t as strict. You, for example, aren’t limited to small-scaled deposits at a time. Just pick any online casino with no documents required from our list and enjoy pure action.
- Overseas licences. Every iGaming destination must have a reputable licence. French casinos are mostly limited to ARJEL, and consequently, have jurisdiction only in France. However, casinos with different legislations are often available overseas. For example, every Curacao casino is available in multiple countries. MGA casino operators hold the same principle as well.
Cons of Gambling at French Non Regulated Casinos
Non-ARJEL casinos are a great alternative to French players, that’s for sure. Mainly, because there are plenty of gambling sites that accept French gamblers. This makes playing at non-ARJEL websites that much easier. Additionally, the taxes on betting aren’t as high, and there’s bigger freedom when playing. However, there are some drawbacks that French consumers should keep in mind.
- No ARJEL = No insurance. When playing at any non ARJEL casino, you’re taking part in anonymous gambling. This is because France’s internet police tend to block foreign casinos. Hence, your safety isn’t guaranteed. In turn, this might seem like a significant risk to some players. However, if you’re to play at any casino mentioned above – you’re 100% safe.
- Fewer payment options. A noteworthy drawback regarding non ARJEL iGaming destinations is the lack of PayPal. PayPal, as you certainly know, is one of the most widely used banking methods. However, PayPal requires the user’s address. Therefore, French players will be forced to play at credit card casinos. Nevertheless, there are other payment methods available, like Neteller or even Bitcoin.
- These operators can be blocked by ARJEL. Due to the power this strict regulatory authority holds, any non ARJEL gambling site can be easily blocked to the public. Unlicensed French casinos can always get fined with a penalty of up to €200,000. In case this happens, you may lose access to your account. Meaning, your unwithdrawn funds can remain stuck there.
Operators on Other Markets
In France, there are both legal and illegal gaming providers. This, of course, depends on the licence held by the casino. So, what if your favourite game is at a non-ARJEL casino? You’ll have to join an alternative iGaming destination. To save you precious time, we handpicked the most popular foreign gambling markets.
Non ARJEL Online Gambling Online in France FAQs
🤔 What is ARJEL?
ARJEL is the French regulatory authority for online games. Launched in 2010, it’ was designed to supervise remote gambling in France. An ARJEL licence is a must for French operators to carry out online gambling and betting legally.
🔒 Is it safe to play at unlicensed gambling sites in France?
To answer shortly – yes. There are lots of French casinos without an ARJEL licence. However, it’s the player’s responsibility to select a well-trusted casino to enjoy. To your pleasure, you’ll find that every site listed in this article is entirely safe to use.
👨⚖️ Can I gamble there legally?
Not exactly, since any site that’s not ARJEL licensed is considered illegal. Therefore, you play at your own risk and have no certainty over the casino’s security. However, when you sign up at licensed non-French casinos, everything’s perfectly legal.
👀 How to identify a site without an ARJEL licence?
Most (if not all) ARJEL licensed sites will make it very evident that they hold a permit. You’re most likely to find an ARJEL logo somewhere on the casino’s website, usually in the footer. You can also check the ARJEL official webpage. There they list all the authorised operators.