|Number of Betting Sites||15+|
|Sports Events||All Worldwide Tournaments|
|Best Bookmaker||Harry’s Sportsbook|
|Deposit Methods||Bank Cards, Crypto, Prepaid Cards|
After the UK ban on credit card betting in April 2020, many British bettors started looking for reliable alternatives. Luckily, today you will come across many independent betting sites accepting British punters. Yet, you may ask yourself, why is that such good news? Well, the UKGC does not oversee sportsbooks not on Gamstop. Meaning, they let UK consumers deposit via their credit cards. That’s just the tip of the iceberg, though.
The popularity of international and UK betting sites is indescribable. These renowned brands with IBAS policy use the latest security protocols and often operate under other licensing jurisdictions. Independent bookmakers for sports bets also have generous bonus offers and relaxed ID verification rules. As for their betting platforms, they are robust, sleek, and feature tons of betting options. So, it makes sense why more and more UK punters focus on joining such offshore operators.
Of course, we have your back when it comes to learning all about independent sports betting sites. If you want to know more about what makes them so special, scroll down and discover:
- the features of standalone bookies that welcome UK customers;
- the reasons to bet at independent online bookmakers;
- reviews of top-rated sites and answers on your questions.
- All Sites are:
- 🥇 Licensed
- 🔎 Tested
- 🔒 Safe
- 💸 Quick Payouts
- 👨⚖️ Ad Disclosure
Independent Sports Betting Sites for UK Players [January 2021]
Features of Independent Bookmakers
Offshore sportsbooks are safe, fair, and generous. They take great care of both new and returning punters, too. Yet, even the best independent UK betting sites may not work for some bettors. That’s why in the section below, we’ll go over both the good and the bad. So, you can decide if the concept is suitable for your expectations:
Pros of Independent Sportsbooks
You’ve arrived at the right station if you wanted to find out all the benefits that come when playing at standalone bookies. Generally, you can expect more freedom in various aspects, including billing methods and betting limits!
- No KYC Required. Do you hate the hassles of sending documents and sensitive details to bookmakers? Luckily, there are a plethora of betting sites that don’t ask for ID available for UK bettors! Leave all those annoying ID verification procedures to punters at UKGC bookies.
- Credit Card Bets. Fortunately, independent sportsbooks are not affected by the new credit card betting ban by the UKGC. Credit card bookmakers let you make instant card deposits, and some of them support card withdrawals, too.
- No Limits (for VIP customers). Premium members are treated like royalty at high stakes betting websites. One of the perks for such UK bettors is the lack of limits. So, you can deposit and bet as much as you want.
Cons of Independent Bookies
While everyone loves the advantages of this concept, there are a few disadvantages to it too. Even the best independent online bookmakers that welcome Brits have cons you must keep in mind. Read them carefully and decide for yourself.
- No UKGC Licence. Although adventures on non-UK sports betting sites may be exciting, they also come with a hint of risk. No UKGC licence signals a lack of full protection from scams. Thus, you should read all the T&C carefully before depositing.
- No Self-Exclusion. If you’re someone who doesn’t have full control over your gambling, we don’t suggest you access these bookies. These let you reverse Gamstop and don’t have self-exclusion tools, which can be dangerous for problem gamblers.
- Curacao/Panama License. Having a Curacao or a Panama licence isn’t necessarily bad. Yet, the UKGC one is far stricter and more respected. Curacao bookmakers get their licences with fewer requirements and don’t provide as much protection to bettors.
❓ Independent Gambling Sites FAQs
Are independent betting sites legal?
It depends on the overseas sportsbook you join. Those that have licenses and work where online betting is legal are legit. Unfortunately, there are also scam bookies, as well. Thus, it’s essential to be very careful about what brand you decide to join.
Where can I complain in case of issues with standalone bookies?
If you are experiencing discontent, you can contact them on their customer service. There, you can issue your complaint and come to a resolution. However, the UKGC won’t step in in case you and the independent bookie can’t reach an agreement considering the issue.
Are independent bookmakers licensed by any authorities?
Yes, they are fully regulated and legally licenced. You will notice that most offshore bookies work under the jurisdiction of Panama or Curacao. These licences aren’t as reputable as the one from the UKGC or the MGA. Still, they do provide a certain extent of protection to the UK and other bettors.