|Number of Sites||10+|
|Max. Bonus||Up to £4000|
|Free Bonus||Risk-free Bet|
|Sports Types||Horse Racing, Football, eSports|
|Transactions||Safe & Secure|
|Payment||Visa, Mastercard, Amex|
|Best Operator||Fortune Clock, Leo Monaco|
itemprop=”description”After carrying out public consultations between August and November 2019, the UKGC banned credit card gambling for all UK casinos and sportsbooks. UK players have been searching for online sportsbooks not on Gamstop for a while, but now, even more, are searching for sports betting sites that accept credit cards. Credit cards have been around for around seven decades now, and their popularity doesn’t seem to be waning.
Online casino players enjoy the convenience and protection that this payment method offers. Such advantages include cash advances, quick payment processing, chargeback options, and more. The majority of credit card bookmakers are licensed and reliable. However, a lot more of them should be avoided like the plague. Our experts have, therefore, compiled this short guide to cover everything that you need to know before you start using a credit card on betting sites. Some of the aspects that we’ll go through include:
- How to deposit and withdraw funds from your account using credit cards
- The advantages and disadvantages of using credit cards on betting sites
- Some of the most popular bets that you can place using credit cards
- The main credit card processors
- Some of the most commonly asked questions about credit card betting sites
- All Sites are:
- 🥇 Licensed
- 🔎 Tested
- 🔒 Safe
- 💸 Quick Payouts
- 👨⚖️ Ad Disclosure
UK Credit Card Betting Sites August 2020
Overview of Using Credit Card on Betting Sites
As you might expect, credit card betting sites with their high popularity are ones that allow their customers to fund their accounts using credit cards like Visa and MasterCard. While it’s now banned in the UK, gambling at sites that accept credit cards is widely available in other parts of the world. Funding your account and accessing your winnings are simple processes that we’ll go through in this section.
How to Deposit with Credit Card Betting Site?
Bookmakers that accept credit card deposits make it a point not to make depositing funds a complicated process. While the process is slightly different for each betting site, the general idea is still the same. You can deposit using the following steps:
- Use our list to help select the top credit card accepting casino
- Check the KYC documentation requirements and register
- Once verified, select ‘deposit’ or ‘cashier’ to fund using the ‘bank card’ option
- Complete all required fields, namely, 16-digit card number, expiration date, CVV and intended amount
- After funding, return to the games lobby to find your preferred table or slots game
How to Withdraw Funds From A Credit Card Bookie?
When you use betting sites with credit cards, you shouldn’t expect to have a lengthy withdrawal process. After you verify your account and follow the next few steps, the best casinos will have your winnings in your account within 3-5 days.
- Ensure all bonus wagering requirements are fully met
- Go to your account or cashier section and select withdraw
- Add the amount and click submit
Features of Credit Card Sportsbooks
If you find bookies accepting credit card deposits, then this form of payment represents one of the easiest ways to place your bets online at independent gambling operators in the UK. As a simple, fast, and widely accepted payment method, credit cards come with several advantages that you won’t get with other options. Read some of them, and you’ll understand why so many online casino players use credit cards.
Pros of Credit Card Betting Sites
Are you still sitting on the fence about making online gambling payments using credit cards? If so, be sure to check some of the advantages of betting with bookmakers that accept credit card deposits. We’ve listed the most popular ones below.
- Cash advance bets: Credit cards make it possible to make cash advance bets on non-UK gaming sites. What this means is that you can place real money bets without having to cough up anything upfront. All your online casino and sportsbook deposits will be paid off later.
- Speedy transactions: Using a credit card on betting sites means that your deposits hit your online casino account instantly. So, there’s no twiddling your thumbs while you wait to start getting in on some action. If you manage to make some winning bets, you’ll also receive a quick payout.
- Chargeback option: Due to the ban on UK credit card gambling, you can now only do it on offshore gambling websites. Since you won’t have the protection of the UKGC, the credit card chargeback option gives you a layer of protection against fraudulent transactions.
Cons of Credit Card Bookmakers
In as much as making bets with credit card bookies can undo Gamstop and offer numerous other advantages, you also get a few drawbacks. We’ll highlight some of these disadvantages so that you can have a full appreciation of both sides.
- Without UK Licence: Since the UKGC banned gambling using credit cards, all credit card betting sites don’t have UK licenses. While betting with European online bookmakers is safe on the most part, you’ll have little room to get recourse in case you’re caught up in any disputes.
- Not always offered as a payout method: While most bookies will allow you to place credit card sports bets, not all of them offer the same payment options for making withdrawals. It is a pity, but some Curacao licensed gambling sites have this disadvantage. If you have another suitable payment option, then you’re home and dry. If not, then getting your payout becomes a challenge.
- Long verification (rare): Fraud and identity theft are always looming threats when you bet using your credit card. No ID online betting sites make this threat more real, as they rarely have robust KYC procedures. You’ll, therefore, have to make sure there isn’t any unauthorised activity happening.
The Most Popular Sports Bets with Credit Cards
Sports betting with credit card payment is more popular than ever. Online bookies allow punters to place bets in their high streets from the comfort of their homes. In such an intense market, it’s necessary to have your bankroll close by. Here, we take a look at the most popular sports bets with credit cards.
- Football: There is only one place to start when it comes to the most popular sports bets in the UK. Football fans fill pubs and stadiums every week, and many enjoy betting with football sportsbooks accepting credit card deposits. The weekly football Acca, top goal scorer, and post-match bet analysis dominate pub discussions.
- Horse Racing: The sport of kings once dominated the UK sports betting scene. Today, football and tennis markets have seen horse racing slip down UK punters’ priority list. However, horse racing bets using credit cards still have a massive market. Big events, such as the Cheltenham Festival, Grand National, and Royal Ascot still draw huge wagers.
- eSports are growing and becoming more popular. However, betting on eSports seems to be growing faster than the eSports themselves. What was once an informal system of betting between friends and colleagues has grown into a massive industry. eSports betting sites that accept credit cards now process millions every year from players worldwide.
Main Credit Card Payment Processors
If you want to start sports betting with credit card payment, you’ll soon realise that there are several different payment processors that you can use. Depending on your favourite betting sites, some of these cards are more widely accepted than others. Here are, by far, the most commonly approved credit card processors.
- Visa holds the highest market share in online payments and is accepted in over 200 countries. Betting sites that accept Visa provide an all-around solid option for anyone seeking to bet online. Yes, the card that you have in your wallet right now can be your key to some betting action.
- MasterCard: Since their 1966 debut as Master Charge, MasterCard has steadily grown into one of the most popular payment methods around. MasterCard bookmakers offer safe, secure, and easy payments, making this the ideal way to top up your online gambling account. However, fewer websites offer MasterCard as an option for processing payout.
- American Express: Also known as Amex, this has a smaller customer base, but is known for offering high-quality service. Amex sportsbooks allow gamblers to load their accounts and make withdrawals securely, quickly, and without a ton of hang-ups and headaches. Unlike with most other payment processors, American Express charges a yearly membership fee.
💳 Can I use a credit card on betting sites?
Yes, you can place a bet with a credit card, provided it’s not at a UK-registered betting site. The UKGC banned credit card betting in the UK, but you can still do it with offshore betting sites. It’s safe to sign up and use your credit card at any of our recommended sites.
🏆 Can I withdraw winnings to a credit card?
In most cases, you can use your credit card to make withdrawals from sports betting sites. In such cases, you can only use the same card that you used to make a deposit. However, some websites only support credit card deposits. Be sure to read our reviews before signing up to a betting site.
🏇 What is the best credit card for sports bets?
Sports betting fans definitely can’t go wrong with Visa and MasterCard. These two credit cards are both the best and most secure choices for gamblers and the most widely accepted at online casinos and sportsbooks. However, you can also find websites that accept cards like Discover, American Express, and other credit cards.
💰 What is a minimum deposit there?
BetSwagger and BetOnline offer gamblers a wide variety of ways to fund their accounts. Whichever payment method you go for, the banking system is simple and intuitive. At BetOnline, you can get started for a minimum credit card deposit of £50. At £10, BetSwagger has a significantly lower minimum deposit.
🔝 What are the best credit card betting sites?
The best credit card betting site will depend on your personal preferences and other considerations. However, we think BetOnline site and BetSwagger site are worth checking out. These betting sites offer the best sports markets and online casino games. You can also expect speedy transactions via credit cards and several other payment options.