In one of our previous reports, we have presented the features, benefits, and drawbacks of independent casino sites. These gambling websites are very popular in the UK, due to the many perks they offer. In this overview, we’re listing the top new independent casinos UK. On the list, you’ll be able to find names of the online casinos, their welcome bonus offer, devices you can play on and a sign up link. When you decide which independent casino site you’d like to join, just register using the “Play Now” button on the list.
Online gambling in the UK is regulated by the UK Gambling Commission. On our website, you’ll find a short overview of what UKGC does and which casinos are registered. If you want to play in UKGC casinos only, you can find a separate list in the UK online casino section. However, according to independent online casino reviews, foreign casino sites offer a lot more perks for new players. Along with attractive bonuses, you’ll also be able to benefit from anonymity and privacy.
Read the following info in this review:
- list of all the best online casinos for UK players;
- benefits of playing in an independent casino site;
- countries that host independent casino operators;
- licensing authorities that regulate these online casinos.
- FAQs with a summary of the important info.
15+ Best & New Independent Casinos UK 
Features of Independent Online Casino Sites
Why do so many British gamblers decide to play on independent gambling sites? Of course, there are some good reasons for it. Independent gambling sites offer more freedom in your gambling, as they don’t have outside UK control. They are somewhat different from UK online casinos. Here are all the features:
- Free from outside control. Independent online casinos don’t belong to the UK jurisdiction and laws. This can be view as a bad thing on one hand, but on the other hand, some players can benefit from it. For example, players who have registered with Gamstop and self-excluded themselves from gambling will have a hard time finding a UK online casino that will accept them. That’s why many players opt for casinos not on Gamstop, where they can play even during the self-exclusion period.
- Safe and secure payments. When it comes to foreign online casinos, many Brits voice concerns about the security of these sites. The good news is that independent online casinos offer the safest payment methods in the industry. You can pay using e-Wallets, for example, which offer their own secure infrastructure for processing payments.
- “Incognito” mode gambling. If you want to play in an anonymous online casino, you will have a hard time finding it among UK gambling sites. All UK casino operators require that you fill in your personal data. At some point, you might even have to verify your identity by sending a photo of your ID or passport. In independent gambling sites, you have the option to gamble anonymously. The casinos and betting sites not on Gamstop won’t keep records of you playing there and you can take advantage of absolute privacy.
- Accepting players from all countries. Foreign casinos are open to players from all over the world, and not just Brits. This is a good thing because it means there’s a higher number of players wagering their money on the site. This increases the chances of you winning as well. Among the best and new independent casinos UK, you’ll find casino operators with thousands of daily active players.
- No verification. As we’ve already mentioned, many casinos require you to verify your data. This process can take longer and be tiring since you have to scan or photograph your ID, upload it to their server and wait for the team to approve your gaming. In an online casino without verification, you can simply register and start playing right away!
Independent Casino Sites by Countries
When it comes to offshore casino sites, there are many countries they operate from. If you take a look at independent online casino reviews, some countries are preferable to others in terms of security. Here is an overview of all the locations where you can find independent online casinos:
- Outside the United Kingdom. For Brits, online casinos usually operate from the UK. However, there are some foreign casinos that have a UKGC license as well. If you want to find non UK licensed casinos with the best ratings and reviews, take a look at our list above.
- United States. The USA has a peculiar relationship with gambling. Not to mention the fact that land-based gambling is restricted, online casinos are highly regulated as well. Usually, US players are not allowed to register in foreign online casinos. Therefore, there are some online casinos that work independently and offer games to Americans. However, you can find some USA casinos that accept UK players as well.
- International. Next to the US and Europe, there is also a large number of independent online casinos that operate from other continents or remote locations. These international online casino sites are usually operating from smaller countries with favourable gambling laws. When it comes to online gaming, the havens for free-market casino operations are Malta, Isle of Man, Gibraltar.
- Europe. EU Member States share similar online gambling laws, so there are many independent casino sites catering to EU players specifically. These are the safest casinos of all the locations listed and many of them have a UK license as well. If you want to play in European casinos for UK players, refer to our list above.
Independent Casinos Online by Licenses
In order to operate legally, a casino website needs to have a gambling licence. When it comes to the UK, the authority that issues these licenses is the UKGC, but what about independent casino online websites? These operators get licensed with some of these gambling authorities:
- Malta Gaming Authority. MGA is a must-have license for any online casino. Since Malta is in the EU, a license from this authority can enable casinos to offer their services to players all over Europe. MGA online casino sites can be found on our list of best independent casinos above.
- Curacao eGaming. Curacao is another one of offshore licensing options independent casinos use. If you want to find Curacao casinos that accept UK players, you can find a complete list of Curacao online casinos on their official website. This authority is one of the oldest online gaming institutions, as it has started its operations in 1996.
- Gibraltar Betting and Gaming Association. Next to Malta, GBGA is another popular licensing body that casinos use to legalize their services. Due to online gambling laws and tax policies, many online casinos decide for a Gibraltar gaming license. To play in a Gibraltar casino online, choose one of the casino sites from the list.